Ed Allred, the owner of Los Alamitos Race Course, has reportedly backed out of a plan that could have brought Thoroughbred racing to his Quarter Horse facility in the event Hollywood Park were to be sold to development interests.
- By Jack Shinar
With the future of Hollywood Park in doubt, prominent Thoroughbred owner Mike Pegram and Los Alamitos Race Course owner Dr. Edward C. Allred unveiled a $40 million plan March 17 to expand and upgrade the Quarter Horse facility in order to fill an expected void in the Southern California market.
Paga made short work of her 12 rivals in Monday's $118,850 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park, cruising to a 1 1/4-length victory as the 2-1 favorite in the race for fillies and mares down the hillside turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Coil's First Starter Wins in California
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Papa John's Again Partners With TAA