Ed Allred, the owner of Los Alamitos Race Course, has reportedly backed out of a plan that could have brought Thoroughbred racing to his Quarter Horse facility in the event Hollywood Park were to be sold to development interests.
- By Jack Shinar
With the future of Hollywood Park in doubt, prominent Thoroughbred owner Mike Pegram and Los Alamitos Race Course owner Dr. Edward C. Allred unveiled a $40 million plan March 17 to expand and upgrade the Quarter Horse facility in order to fill an expected void in the Southern California market.
Paga made short work of her 12 rivals in Monday's $118,850 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park, cruising to a 1 1/4-length victory as the 2-1 favorite in the race for fillies and mares down the hillside turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown