Ed Allred, the owner of Los Alamitos Race Course, has reportedly backed out of a plan that could have brought Thoroughbred racing to his Quarter Horse facility in the event Hollywood Park were to be sold to development interests.
- By Jack Shinar
With the future of Hollywood Park in doubt, prominent Thoroughbred owner Mike Pegram and Los Alamitos Race Course owner Dr. Edward C. Allred unveiled a $40 million plan March 17 to expand and upgrade the Quarter Horse facility in order to fill an expected void in the Southern California market.
Paga made short work of her 12 rivals in Monday's $118,850 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park, cruising to a 1 1/4-length victory as the 2-1 favorite in the race for fillies and mares down the hillside turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome