Ed Allred, the owner of Los Alamitos Race Course, has reportedly backed out of a plan that could have brought Thoroughbred racing to his Quarter Horse facility in the event Hollywood Park were to be sold to development interests.
- By Jack Shinar
With the future of Hollywood Park in doubt, prominent Thoroughbred owner Mike Pegram and Los Alamitos Race Course owner Dr. Edward C. Allred unveiled a $40 million plan March 17 to expand and upgrade the Quarter Horse facility in order to fill an expected void in the Southern California market.
Paga made short work of her 12 rivals in Monday's $118,850 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park, cruising to a 1 1/4-length victory as the 2-1 favorite in the race for fillies and mares down the hillside turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner