Ed Allred, the owner of Los Alamitos Race Course, has reportedly backed out of a plan that could have brought Thoroughbred racing to his Quarter Horse facility in the event Hollywood Park were to be sold to development interests.
- By Jack Shinar
With the future of Hollywood Park in doubt, prominent Thoroughbred owner Mike Pegram and Los Alamitos Race Course owner Dr. Edward C. Allred unveiled a $40 million plan March 17 to expand and upgrade the Quarter Horse facility in order to fill an expected void in the Southern California market.
Paga made short work of her 12 rivals in Monday's $118,850 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park, cruising to a 1 1/4-length victory as the 2-1 favorite in the race for fillies and mares down the hillside turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm