Ed Allred, the owner of Los Alamitos Race Course, has reportedly backed out of a plan that could have brought Thoroughbred racing to his Quarter Horse facility in the event Hollywood Park were to be sold to development interests.
With the future of Hollywood Park in doubt, prominent Thoroughbred owner Mike Pegram and Los Alamitos Race Course owner Dr. Edward C. Allred unveiled a $40 million plan March 17 to expand and upgrade the Quarter Horse facility in order to fill an expected void in the Southern California market.
Paga made short work of her 12 rivals in Monday's $118,850 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park, cruising to a 1 1/4-length victory as the 2-1 favorite in the race for fillies and mares down the hillside turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Viva Lad Steps Up for Presque Isle Mile
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon