Ed Allred, the owner of Los Alamitos Race Course, has reportedly backed out of a plan that could have brought Thoroughbred racing to his Quarter Horse facility in the event Hollywood Park were to be sold to development interests.
- By Jack Shinar
With the future of Hollywood Park in doubt, prominent Thoroughbred owner Mike Pegram and Los Alamitos Race Course owner Dr. Edward C. Allred unveiled a $40 million plan March 17 to expand and upgrade the Quarter Horse facility in order to fill an expected void in the Southern California market.
Paga made short work of her 12 rivals in Monday's $118,850 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park, cruising to a 1 1/4-length victory as the 2-1 favorite in the race for fillies and mares down the hillside turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan Kentucky Derby Bid
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George