Ed Allred, the owner of Los Alamitos Race Course, has reportedly backed out of a plan that could have brought Thoroughbred racing to his Quarter Horse facility in the event Hollywood Park were to be sold to development interests.
With the future of Hollywood Park in doubt, prominent Thoroughbred owner Mike Pegram and Los Alamitos Race Course owner Dr. Edward C. Allred unveiled a $40 million plan March 17 to expand and upgrade the Quarter Horse facility in order to fill an expected void in the Southern California market.
Paga made short work of her 12 rivals in Monday's $118,850 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park, cruising to a 1 1/4-length victory as the 2-1 favorite in the race for fillies and mares down the hillside turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses