Ed Allred, the owner of Los Alamitos Race Course, has reportedly backed out of a plan that could have brought Thoroughbred racing to his Quarter Horse facility in the event Hollywood Park were to be sold to development interests.
- By Jack Shinar
With the future of Hollywood Park in doubt, prominent Thoroughbred owner Mike Pegram and Los Alamitos Race Course owner Dr. Edward C. Allred unveiled a $40 million plan March 17 to expand and upgrade the Quarter Horse facility in order to fill an expected void in the Southern California market.
Paga made short work of her 12 rivals in Monday's $118,850 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park, cruising to a 1 1/4-length victory as the 2-1 favorite in the race for fillies and mares down the hillside turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont