Ed Allred, the owner of Los Alamitos Race Course, has reportedly backed out of a plan that could have brought Thoroughbred racing to his Quarter Horse facility in the event Hollywood Park were to be sold to development interests.
With the future of Hollywood Park in doubt, prominent Thoroughbred owner Mike Pegram and Los Alamitos Race Course owner Dr. Edward C. Allred unveiled a $40 million plan March 17 to expand and upgrade the Quarter Horse facility in order to fill an expected void in the Southern California market.
Paga made short work of her 12 rivals in Monday's $118,850 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park, cruising to a 1 1/4-length victory as the 2-1 favorite in the race for fillies and mares down the hillside turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- Mikki Queen Rules in Japanese Oaks
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title
- Pleascach Wins Irish One Thousand Guineas
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Leads MM Weanling Session
- Looking for a Longshot in the Gamely Stakes
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont