Ed Allred, the owner of Los Alamitos Race Course, has reportedly backed out of a plan that could have brought Thoroughbred racing to his Quarter Horse facility in the event Hollywood Park were to be sold to development interests.
- By Jack Shinar
With the future of Hollywood Park in doubt, prominent Thoroughbred owner Mike Pegram and Los Alamitos Race Course owner Dr. Edward C. Allred unveiled a $40 million plan March 17 to expand and upgrade the Quarter Horse facility in order to fill an expected void in the Southern California market.
Paga made short work of her 12 rivals in Monday's $118,850 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park, cruising to a 1 1/4-length victory as the 2-1 favorite in the race for fillies and mares down the hillside turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat