Ed Allred, the owner of Los Alamitos Race Course, has reportedly backed out of a plan that could have brought Thoroughbred racing to his Quarter Horse facility in the event Hollywood Park were to be sold to development interests.
With the future of Hollywood Park in doubt, prominent Thoroughbred owner Mike Pegram and Los Alamitos Race Course owner Dr. Edward C. Allred unveiled a $40 million plan March 17 to expand and upgrade the Quarter Horse facility in order to fill an expected void in the Southern California market.
Paga made short work of her 12 rivals in Monday's $118,850 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park, cruising to a 1 1/4-length victory as the 2-1 favorite in the race for fillies and mares down the hillside turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Lenny's Place: Hall of Fame Edition
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest