Patience paid off for the connections of Decisive Moment when the 6-year-old son of With Distinction halted an 18-race losing streak with a 10-1 upset in $200,000 Presque Isle Downs Mile in Erie, Pa.
Harry and Tom Meyerhoff's talented miler Viva Lad steps up to stakes company for the first time in the $200,000 Presque Isle Mile Stakes Sept. 7 at Presque Isle Downs.
Roman Tiger snapped a 13-race losing streak when he snuck through along the rail for jockey Angel Serpa to win the $150,000 Tampa Bay Stakes (gr. IIIT) as a 28-1 shot on the turf Feb. 25.
Duke of Mischief, a lifetime earner of more than $1.7 million who has been soundly defeated in his past three starts, tries the turf in the $150,000 Tampa Bay Stakes (gr. IIIT) Feb. 25 at Tampa Bay Downs.
Making his second start for trainer Eddie Kenneally, Blues Street poured it on the in the final furlong en route to a decisive 4 1/2-length victory in the $111,000 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 19 at Churchill.
Tajaaweed may have not had the best trip in the Oct. 8 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT), where he finished sixth, but the son of Dynaformer looks poised and ready for a rebound in the Nov. 19 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Battle of Hastings ended a 10-race drought when he found clear sailing on the outside through the stretch to win the $111,200 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) over a firm Churchill Downs turf course Nov. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- 2014 Auctions Digest
- Canterbury Park Announces 2015 Stakes Slate
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering