After starting a successful partnership in 2009, CANTER Mid-Atlantic continues to receive grant funding from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, enabling its ongoing program and mission to find homes for ex-racers.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic's free online sales listings transitioned 350 ex-racehorses into second careers in 2012.
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races is continuing its partnership with CANTER-Mid Atlantic and will again present a $10,000 donation to the organization during the Charles Town Classic card April 14.
A panel on transitioning Thoroughbred racehorses to second careers during the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit June 28 stressed the importance of protecting horses while they're on the track.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic is opening a racehorse rehabilitation program with donations from Delaware Park and the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association earmarked to serve Delaware Park trainers and owners.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic will expand its ongoing race horse rehabilitation program with a grant funded by Charles Town Races & Slots.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe