Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races will make a $10,000 donation to CANTER Mid-Atlantic for the eighth consecutive year as part of its Charles Town Classic (gr. II) program April 23.
After starting a successful partnership in 2009, CANTER Mid-Atlantic continues to receive grant funding from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, enabling its ongoing program and mission to find homes for ex-racers.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic's free online sales listings transitioned 350 ex-racehorses into second careers in 2012.
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races is continuing its partnership with CANTER-Mid Atlantic and will again present a $10,000 donation to the organization during the Charles Town Classic card April 14.
A panel on transitioning Thoroughbred racehorses to second careers during the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit June 28 stressed the importance of protecting horses while they're on the track.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic is opening a racehorse rehabilitation program with donations from Delaware Park and the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association earmarked to serve Delaware Park trainers and owners.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic will expand its ongoing race horse rehabilitation program with a grant funded by Charles Town Races & Slots.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection