TVG will add the upcoming 71-day winter race meet at Santa Anita Park to its broadcast schedule. The addition means that coverage of the major California stand will now be available to the most homes in the meet's history.
TVG announced Monday, July 23, that it will air live racing and on-site programming during opening week of the 2007 Saratoga meet.
TVG will break new ground when it presents a live telecast of the 34th annual Eclipse Awards, Monday, Jan. 24 from 6-10 p.m. PT. The network's telecast, from the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Los Angeles, marks the first time horseracing's "Oscars" will be presented live on TV.
TV Games Network will present a 90-minute preview show of the Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale Tuesday at 10:30 p.m. Eastern.
Jill Byrne, who has previously worked in studio and as an analyst and reporter on such TVG programming as "The Works" and "Trackside Live," will join the network as a full-time analyst beginning with TVG coverage of the Keeneland spring meet on April 2.
Blinkers Off, a weekly 10-minute segment that will preview the weekend's big races, will debut Friday on TV Games Network at 12:05 p.m. Eastern.
TVG will offer live coverage and analysis of the Keeneland July select yearling sale July 15 and 16 from 7-10:30 p.m.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Taris Will Cut Back for Humana Distaff
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016