TVG will add the upcoming 71-day winter race meet at Santa Anita Park to its broadcast schedule. The addition means that coverage of the major California stand will now be available to the most homes in the meet's history.
TVG announced Monday, July 23, that it will air live racing and on-site programming during opening week of the 2007 Saratoga meet.
TVG will break new ground when it presents a live telecast of the 34th annual Eclipse Awards, Monday, Jan. 24 from 6-10 p.m. PT. The network's telecast, from the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Los Angeles, marks the first time horseracing's "Oscars" will be presented live on TV.
TV Games Network will present a 90-minute preview show of the Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale Tuesday at 10:30 p.m. Eastern.
Jill Byrne, who has previously worked in studio and as an analyst and reporter on such TVG programming as "The Works" and "Trackside Live," will join the network as a full-time analyst beginning with TVG coverage of the Keeneland spring meet on April 2.
Blinkers Off, a weekly 10-minute segment that will preview the weekend's big races, will debut Friday on TV Games Network at 12:05 p.m. Eastern.
TVG will offer live coverage and analysis of the Keeneland July select yearling sale July 15 and 16 from 7-10:30 p.m.
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30