Wednesday, Feb. 11, marks the 20th anniversary of a historic moment in Thoroughbred history: Holy Bull breaks down, and Cigar rolls on in the Donn Handicap (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park.
Buddy's Saint, a 12-length winner of the one-mile Nashua Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 7, returned to the Big A Nov. 28 and turned the $200,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) into a romp, winning by 4 lengths over 20-1 longshot Peppi Knows.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms