Wednesday, Feb. 11, marks the 20th anniversary of a historic moment in Thoroughbred history: Holy Bull breaks down, and Cigar rolls on in the Donn Handicap (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park.
Buddy's Saint, a 12-length winner of the one-mile Nashua Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 7, returned to the Big A Nov. 28 and turned the $200,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) into a romp, winning by 4 lengths over 20-1 longshot Peppi Knows.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever