Haveyougoneaway edged game favorite Sarah Sis in the $100,000 American Beauty Stakes Jan. 23, galloping through on the rail off the turn and working hard for the victory at Oaklawn Park.
After winning the Texas Mile (gr. III) May 1 at odds of 24-1, Paul Rigali Jr.'s homebred Texas Air will look to provide another upset in the $200,000 Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) May 25.
Paul Rigali Jr.'s homebred Texas Air put away a field almost entirely composed of out-of-state invaders to claim the $200,000 Texas Mile (gr. III) May 1 under the lights at Lone Star Park.
Secret Circle and Castaway, expected to next run in the $500,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park, worked in company for trainer Bob Baffert March 10 at Santa Anita.
Castaway, the least experienced of two Bob Baffert trainees shipped to Oaklawn Park for the two divisions of the Southwest Stakes (gr. III), rolled to a convincing 3 3/4-length triumph in the first division.
Trainer Eddie Milligan Sr. died Feb. 14 in Tyler, Texas.
In an unprecedented series of events, the $35,000 purse designated for the ninth race at Oaklawn Park March 13, will be paid out evenly to all 11 runners in the race, even though the race was officially declared a no-contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program