From the time he was a youngster, trainer Gary Jones said winning the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) was his family's biggest quest.
Breeders' Cup champion Theatrical, raced by the late Allen E. Paulson, was euthanized on the night of Aug. 31 due to the infirmities of old age, Hill 'n' Dale Farms announced. He was 30.
Two-time graded stakes winner A.P. Arrow will make his first start since finishing fourth to Curlin in the March 29 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), as he takes on seven intriguing rivals in the $400,000 Suburban Handicap (gr. I) June 28 at Belmont Park.
Of the 136 past winners of the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), an even 12 have gone on to sire a Belmont winner (or winners) while at stud. In the 137th edition to be run this Saturday, 1992 winner A.P. Indy could make it an uneven 13 with two sons entered, and Thunder Gulch, sire of 2001 winner Point Given, could have a second son gain Belmont glory.
- By Jack Shinar
The final legal hurdle that will allow 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri to race again this year was cleared when a California judge set into motion a settlement reached in February in the Allen E. Paulson Living Trust case.
The volcanic relationship between the son of deceased multi-millionaire Allen E. Paulson and his stepmother figures to erupt in California Superior Court in northern San Diego County later this year.
Allen E. Paulson, founder of the Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. whose Brookside Farms became one of North America's most successful racing and breeding entities of the 1980s and 1990s, died Wednesday in California after a lengthy illness. He was 78.
Services for leading owner/breeder Allen E. Paulson will be 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 25, at Nativity Catholic Church in Rancho Sante Fe, Calif. Paulson, 78, died Wednesday night after a battle with cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017