Hong Kong Derby winner Designs On Rome outfought stablemate Military Attack for a neck victory in the Audemar Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) April 27 at Sha Tin.
Shirley Taylor, a former president of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, died Feb. 27 at age 83 at a Billings, Mont., health care center.
John T.L. Jones Jr. has sold Walmac International to entities controlled by his son, John III, and his son's former partner in several horse ventures, Bobby Trussell. The deal, signed Sept. 10, involves the farm's property but no stallion interests.
Nancy Gerry's Flat Top slammed the door shut on a
steeplechase championship with a game victory over Tres Touche in Sunday's $100,000 Marion du Pont Scott Colonial Cup (gr. I) at Springdale Race Course in Camden, S.C.
Rapid Proof, an 8-1 outsider, rallied from last place in a field of 10 2-year-olds to win the $115,000 Hopemont Stakes Friday at Keeneland.
Cyclades, a gelded 6-year-old grandson of Alleged, collected a career high win in taking the $270,000 (New Zealand funds) Wellington Cup (NZ-I) Jan. 26 for Auckland publisher Wendy Pye.
Williams News earned his first black-type victory Tuesday as a pair of 5-year-old sons of Alleged swept the top two placings in the Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Alleged was euthanized Friday morning at John T. L. Jones Jr.'s Walmac International near Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- Priority One Jets to Sponsor Forego Stakes
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Two Paths Toward Integrity