Steve Barham (Oregon), Bennett Liebman (New York), and Allan Monat (Illinois) will comprise the independent panel the Association of Racing Commissioners International has formed to certify compliance with key integrity standards each year.
An Association of Racing Commissioners International's (RCI) committee said regulatory standards for racetrack rail systems should be updated to embrace new systems and technologies developed to protect jockeys and horses.
In a lawsuit filed last month, Arlington Park contends the Illinois Racing Board acted improperly when it seized 18 simulcast host days and awarded them to rival Hawthorne Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins