Steve Barham (Oregon), Bennett Liebman (New York), and Allan Monat (Illinois) will comprise the independent panel the Association of Racing Commissioners International has formed to certify compliance with key integrity standards each year.
An Association of Racing Commissioners International's (RCI) committee said regulatory standards for racetrack rail systems should be updated to embrace new systems and technologies developed to protect jockeys and horses.
In a lawsuit filed last month, Arlington Park contends the Illinois Racing Board acted improperly when it seized 18 simulcast host days and awarded them to rival Hawthorne Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike