An Association of Racing Commissioners International's (RCI) committee said regulatory standards for racetrack rail systems should be updated to embrace new systems and technologies developed to protect jockeys and horses.
In a lawsuit filed last month, Arlington Park contends the Illinois Racing Board acted improperly when it seized 18 simulcast host days and awarded them to rival Hawthorne Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm