The Maryland Jockey Club announced Nov. 28 that president and chief operating officer Lou Raffetto Jr. will be leaving effective immediately to pursue other opportunities, and that Chris Dragone, a former senior vice president and general manager at the MJC, will take over his duties.
Chris Dragone has been named executive director of New York Thoroughbred Breeders. Dragone, who started in his new position Oct. 2., was previously the senior vice president and general manager of the Maryland Jockey Club.
Allan R. Dragone, former chairman of the New York Racing Association, died Aug. 20 after a lengthy illness.
Most Popular Stories
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill
- Casino Could Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Slideshow: Top 10 Races of 2014
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Marketer Voluntarily Recalls Equine Gastric Ulcer Product
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund