Ahh Chocolate, owned and bred by Stoneway Farm, earned her second graded stakes victory May 20 in the $150,000 Allaire DuPont Distaff Stakes presented by Maker's Mark at Pimlico Race Course.
Mei Ling, Ahh Chocolate, and Savings Account will fight it out over Pimlico's main track in the Allaire DuPont, as none of the starters have asserted themselves this year to the point of obvious favoritism over the nine furlongs.
A class drop proved successful in getting multiple grade I winner Stopchargingmaria back into the winner's circle when the mare lived up to her 3-5 odds to win the Allaire DuPont Distaff Stakes.
Summer Applause ground her way to the lead and held off Sea Island in the $150,000 Allaire DuPont Distaff Stakes Presented by Toyota (gr. III) at Pimlico Race Course May 18.
Iowa breeder/owner gets awesome results with Allaire DuPont Distaff Stakes winner Awesomemundo. read blog
The comeback for millionaire Life At Ten continues May 21 when the daughter of Malibu Moon tops a seven-horse field in the Allaire DuPont Distaff (gr. III) on the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) undercard at Pimlico.
Darley Stable's tandem of Sea Chanter and Skylighter look best in a seven-horse field entered for the $150,000 Allaire DuPont Distaff Stakes (gr. II) at Pimlico May 16. The options could narrow, though, if Sea Chanter and another well-regarded entry, Striking Tomisue, run instead in the Shuvee Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park the same day.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss