The 20th annual Thoroughbred Charities of America Stallion Season Auction raised a gross amount of $1.7 million compared to $1.2 million in 2008.
Nominations to some of the leading North American sires will be available to benefit Thoroughbred Charities of America when the organization's Stallion Season Auction begins Nov. 30 at 9 a.m.
Julien Leparoux sent Skylighter to the front, and the Sky Mesa filly just coasted around the track to an easy victory in the first stakes on the Preakness day undercard May 16, the Allaire duPont Distaff (gr. II).
Thoroughbred Charities of America completed the first phase of its annual Stallion Season and Sporting Art Auction on Dec. 7, with results pointing toward a new record.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Anthony's Cross Gets First Winner in Indiana
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes