The 20th annual Thoroughbred Charities of America Stallion Season Auction raised a gross amount of $1.7 million compared to $1.2 million in 2008.
Nominations to some of the leading North American sires will be available to benefit Thoroughbred Charities of America when the organization's Stallion Season Auction begins Nov. 30 at 9 a.m.
Julien Leparoux sent Skylighter to the front, and the Sky Mesa filly just coasted around the track to an easy victory in the first stakes on the Preakness day undercard May 16, the Allaire duPont Distaff (gr. II).
Thoroughbred Charities of America completed the first phase of its annual Stallion Season and Sporting Art Auction on Dec. 7, with results pointing toward a new record.
Most Popular Stories
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Flashy American Flies to Sixty Sails Score