The 20th annual Thoroughbred Charities of America Stallion Season Auction raised a gross amount of $1.7 million compared to $1.2 million in 2008.
Nominations to some of the leading North American sires will be available to benefit Thoroughbred Charities of America when the organization's Stallion Season Auction begins Nov. 30 at 9 a.m.
Julien Leparoux sent Skylighter to the front, and the Sky Mesa filly just coasted around the track to an easy victory in the first stakes on the Preakness day undercard May 16, the Allaire duPont Distaff (gr. II).
Thoroughbred Charities of America completed the first phase of its annual Stallion Season and Sporting Art Auction on Dec. 7, with results pointing toward a new record.
Most Popular Stories
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill
- Slideshow: Top 10 Races of 2014
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Marketer Voluntarily Recalls Equine Gastric Ulcer Product
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund