The 20th annual Thoroughbred Charities of America Stallion Season Auction raised a gross amount of $1.7 million compared to $1.2 million in 2008.
Nominations to some of the leading North American sires will be available to benefit Thoroughbred Charities of America when the organization's Stallion Season Auction begins Nov. 30 at 9 a.m.
Julien Leparoux sent Skylighter to the front, and the Sky Mesa filly just coasted around the track to an easy victory in the first stakes on the Preakness day undercard May 16, the Allaire duPont Distaff (gr. II).
Thoroughbred Charities of America completed the first phase of its annual Stallion Season and Sporting Art Auction on Dec. 7, with results pointing toward a new record.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France
- V. E. Day Adds to English Channel's Resume