The first two days of the inaugural Belmont Stakes Racing Festival showed sharp increases in on-track and all-sources wagering over the same two days in 2014, the New York Racing Association announced June 5.
Gulfstream Park is raising all purses by 10% effective March 16 for the remainder of its 90-day Thoroughbred meet which concludes April 5, the South Florida track announced March 13.
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course set a monthly record in January for daily average all-sources handle, eclipsing the previous mark set in April 2009.
Attendance, on-track handle, and total handle all posted gains over 2011 totals as 25,676 turned out for opening day of the 144th meeting at Saratoga Race Course July 20.
Opening day ontrack handle was down 14.3% from the opening day of 2009.
Through Nov. 8, the all-sources handle for the recent Breeders' Cup World Championships exceeded $150.2 million. The total does not include an estimated $24.75 million in exchange wagering handled by Betfair.
The total all-sources handle for the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) reached $71,468,223, a 14% increase over last year, according to the Maryland Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile