"All Others" is the choice over champion Uncle Mo during three strong days of betting in Churchill Downs' first Kentucky Derby Future Wager pool of 2011.
The traditional status of the mutuel field, or "all others," as the favorite in the opening pool of Churchill Downs' Kentucky Derby Future Wager seems secure for another year, but unbeaten Old Fashioned has strengthened his position as the leading individual contender for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with one day of wagering remaining in the first of three 2009 Derby Future pools.
Unbeaten 2-year-old champion War Pass, winner of the $2-million Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), and Pyro, the runner-up in the Juvenile and winner of the Risen Star Stakes (gr. III), are the early favorites for Pool 2 of Churchill Downs' 2008 Kentucky Derby Future Wager, which opens Mar. 6.
The betting interest that includes "all others" is expected to be the fan favorite in Pool 1 of Churchill Downs' Kentucky Derby Future Wager, which opens its four-day run at noon (all times EST) Feb. 8.
Amerman Racing's Balance, the favorite for Saturday's $500,000 Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland following grade I victories in the Las Virgenes and Santa Anita Oaks at Santa Anita, looms as a solid favorite when the final pool of Churchill Downs' Kentucky Oaks Future Wager (KOFW) launches its four-day run April 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- French Derby Duo Face Off at Longchamp
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars