Corfu and Wired Bryan, who put on quite a performance in the Aug. 11 Saratoga Special Stakes (gr. II), are back for a rematch Sept. 2 in the $300,000 Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I).
After disappointing in the Sanford Stakes (gr. II) as the favorite, Debt Ceiling attempts to rebound in the $100,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 1 at Monmouth Park.
New York-bred Wired Bryan upset the $300,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at odds of 7-1 July 21 at Saratoga Race Course, running away from his rivals through the stretch by 5 1/4 lengths.
Bashford Manor (gr. III) winner Debt Ceiling, undefeated in three starts for Maryland-based trainer John Robb, faces six others in the 99th running of the $200,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) July 21 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation