Corfu and Wired Bryan, who put on quite a performance in the Aug. 11 Saratoga Special Stakes (gr. II), are back for a rematch Sept. 2 in the $300,000 Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I).
After disappointing in the Sanford Stakes (gr. II) as the favorite, Debt Ceiling attempts to rebound in the $100,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 1 at Monmouth Park.
New York-bred Wired Bryan upset the $300,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at odds of 7-1 July 21 at Saratoga Race Course, running away from his rivals through the stretch by 5 1/4 lengths.
Bashford Manor (gr. III) winner Debt Ceiling, undefeated in three starts for Maryland-based trainer John Robb, faces six others in the 99th running of the $200,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) July 21 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends