5-year-old Richard's Kid was named Maryland-bred horse of the year for 2009. Other winners include three runners sired by leading Maryland sire Not For Love.
Sweet Goodbye will attempt to become the latest female to bowl over the boys when she takes her six-for-eight lifetime record into the $200,000 Jim McKay Maryland Million Classic at Laurel Park Sept. 26.
Game Face, a romping winner of the Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. I) last out and five-time graded stakes winner, will carry top weight of 122 pounds as the even-money morning-line favorite in the $150,000 Honorable Miss (gr. II) Aug. 9 at Saratoga.
Jockey Jonathan Joyce, who had not visited the winner's circle in more than a month, had a stellar day at Laurel Park on Feb. 18 when he won a career-best five races.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct