5-year-old Richard's Kid was named Maryland-bred horse of the year for 2009. Other winners include three runners sired by leading Maryland sire Not For Love.
Sweet Goodbye will attempt to become the latest female to bowl over the boys when she takes her six-for-eight lifetime record into the $200,000 Jim McKay Maryland Million Classic at Laurel Park Sept. 26.
Game Face, a romping winner of the Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. I) last out and five-time graded stakes winner, will carry top weight of 122 pounds as the even-money morning-line favorite in the $150,000 Honorable Miss (gr. II) Aug. 9 at Saratoga.
Jockey Jonathan Joyce, who had not visited the winner's circle in more than a month, had a stellar day at Laurel Park on Feb. 18 when he won a career-best five races.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- Keeneland September Yearling Sale Wrap 2014
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion