Veteran jockey Calvin Borel, making his first-ever appearance in a race at Golden Gate Fields, drove Delightful Kiss past favored Awesome Gem for a one-length victory in the $211,800 All American Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) Sept. 27.
Looking for his first victory since last year's Santa Anita Derby (gr. I), Buzzards Bay kept the pressure on the speedy Trickey Trevor from the outset and then pulled away in the stretch to win the $150,000 All American Handicap (gr. III) Monday at Golden Gate Fields.
Buzzards Bay and Greeley's Galaxy, major stakes winners as 3-year-olds last year who are coming off disappointing efforts in Southern California, can make amends Monday in the $150,000 All American Handicap (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields.
The $400,000 San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT), the richest race in Northern California, is one of eight six-figure stakes that Golden Gate Fields has scheduled for its 2006 spring meeting. The 65-day season begins Wednesday.
Creston Farm's Reba's Gold, on the sidelines for six months, made his return a successful one with an eight-length triumph in Monday's $100,000 Seabiscuit Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows.
Stronach Stable's 4-year-old gelding Euchre took advantage of a fast pace in Monday's All American Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows, running down Irisheyesareflying in the stretch to earn the $82,500 winner's share of the $150,000 purse for his 1 1/2 length win. 8-5 favorite Irisheyesareflying finished second, 1 1/2 lengths ahead of Moonlight Charger.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Master Plan Impresses in OBS Championship Stakes