Colonial Downs announced its 2010 summer stakes schedule and it again is highlighted by a pair of grade II turf races for 3-year olds -- the $500,000 Colonial Turf Cup June 19 and the $600,000 Virginia Derby July 17.
Colonial Downs' 45-day summer meet will host 17 stakes worth $2.52 million, it announced Feb. 27.
Briviesca leads a talented field of 14 fillies and mares pointed toward Saturday's $200,000 All Along Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT), going 1 1/8 miles at Colonial Downs.
Courtlandt Farms' Film Maker scored a stylish victory as the 6-5 favorite in the $200,000 All Along Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Colonial Downs on Saturday.
Grade I winner Dress To Thrill will take on 10 rivals in the $200,000 All Along Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) at Colonial Downs on Saturday at Colonial Downs.
Beverly R. Steinman's homebred Colstar rallied from mid-pack to win Saturday's $150,000 All Along Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) on firm turf at Colonial Downs. The $90,000 winner's share of the purse takes Colstar past the $1-million mark for career earnings.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability