Colonial Downs announced its 2010 summer stakes schedule and it again is highlighted by a pair of grade II turf races for 3-year olds -- the $500,000 Colonial Turf Cup June 19 and the $600,000 Virginia Derby July 17.
Colonial Downs' 45-day summer meet will host 17 stakes worth $2.52 million, it announced Feb. 27.
Briviesca leads a talented field of 14 fillies and mares pointed toward Saturday's $200,000 All Along Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT), going 1 1/8 miles at Colonial Downs.
Courtlandt Farms' Film Maker scored a stylish victory as the 6-5 favorite in the $200,000 All Along Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Colonial Downs on Saturday.
Grade I winner Dress To Thrill will take on 10 rivals in the $200,000 All Along Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) at Colonial Downs on Saturday at Colonial Downs.
Beverly R. Steinman's homebred Colstar rallied from mid-pack to win Saturday's $150,000 All Along Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) on firm turf at Colonial Downs. The $90,000 winner's share of the purse takes Colstar past the $1-million mark for career earnings.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Masochistic Looms in Pat O'Brien
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante