Colonial Downs announced its 2010 summer stakes schedule and it again is highlighted by a pair of grade II turf races for 3-year olds -- the $500,000 Colonial Turf Cup June 19 and the $600,000 Virginia Derby July 17.
Colonial Downs' 45-day summer meet will host 17 stakes worth $2.52 million, it announced Feb. 27.
Briviesca leads a talented field of 14 fillies and mares pointed toward Saturday's $200,000 All Along Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT), going 1 1/8 miles at Colonial Downs.
Courtlandt Farms' Film Maker scored a stylish victory as the 6-5 favorite in the $200,000 All Along Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Colonial Downs on Saturday.
Grade I winner Dress To Thrill will take on 10 rivals in the $200,000 All Along Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) at Colonial Downs on Saturday at Colonial Downs.
Beverly R. Steinman's homebred Colstar rallied from mid-pack to win Saturday's $150,000 All Along Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) on firm turf at Colonial Downs. The $90,000 winner's share of the purse takes Colstar past the $1-million mark for career earnings.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland