A pair of grade I winners -- undefeated Vacare and Wait A While -- are among 55 early nominations for the the $200,000 All Along Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) at Colonial Downs June 16.
The millionaire Film Maker, making her 6-year-old debut, overtook her five rivals near the sixteenth pole and went on to a 3 1/4-length romp in the $190,000 All Along Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Saturday at Colonial Downs.
Headed at the quarter pole, favored Stupendous Miss battled back along the inside to post a one-length victory over Humoristic in the $200,000 Mede Cahaba All Along Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) at stormy Colonial Downs Saturday.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's Kitten's Joy drew away from favored Artie Schiller in the final sixteenth of a mile to win the $500,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIIT) at Colonial Downs on Saturday.
Colonial Downs will host the first-ever "Virginia Million" July 10, which is highlighted by a trio of turf stakes and will be the richest day of racing in the state's history.
Across the board purse increases in stakes races along with the return of the $500,000 Virginia Derby highlight Colonial Downs' 2003 Thoroughbred stakes schedule
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- 'Chrome' Eyes BC Classic, Bayern Has Options
- Beholder Fires Bullet for Zenyatta Defense
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale