Making her first start since April 30, the brilliant filly Madcap Escapade won Saturday's $150,000 Shirley Jones Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park in little more than a canter after overcoming a terrible start.
The Feb. 19 Shirley Jones Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park should be one for the record books when a pair of heavy hitting 4-year-old fillies – Madcap Escapade and Society Selection-- clash for the first time in the seven-furlong race.
Alix M overpowered odds-on choice Bear Fan in upper stretch and drew off to a 3 1/2-length victory in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Filly and Mare Sprint at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Mooji Moo is back to defend her Sunshine Millions title in the $300,000 Padua Stables Filly and Mare Sprint Saturday at Gulfstream Park against five rivals that include multiple grade II winner Bear Fan.
Expect an Angel sprang a huge upset when she came from last to win the $100,000, grade III Chaposa Springs Handicap on Friday at Calder Race Course.
Kinsman Stable's 4-year-old homebred filly Ebony Breeze has won both of her previous starts at Calder Race Course and goes for win number three Friday as one of the choices in a field of seven fillies and mares set for the $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap (gr. III).
Hopelessly Devoted made a successful return to the dirt, taking the $200,000 Elmer Heubeck Distaff Handicap for fillies and mares Saturday on Florida Million day at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches