Topped by the sale of German group 2-placed Lockheed (GB), Goffs reported a dozen horses sold for gross receipts of £4,525,000 (US$5,060,760) at its fourth London Sale held June 19 at The Orangery, Kensington Palace.
The European contingent for the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships arrived in good order this year despite some concerns over international travel in light of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the United States. In fact, this year's shippers are said to make up one of the strongest groups ever.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- What's Going On Here: Upper Crust
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita