Royston Ffrench entered the record books April 6 as the first European jockey in modern history to ride a winner in mainland China.
Stakes winners Treble Jig and Russian Rock return to action Dec. 28 on the final race card at Jebel Ali racecourse in the United Arab Emirates.
The first feature races of the United Arab Emirates season will be conducted Dec. 9 when Abu Dhabi stages its National Day Cup meeting.
First City got up in the final strides to nail heavily-favored Mahbooba on the wire in the $200,000 Cape Verde Stakes-Sponsored by The Saeed and Mohammed Al Naboodah Group (UAE-IIT) at Meydan Racecourse Jan. 20.
Derbaas held off the late challenge of heavily-favored Raihana to capture the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort Sponsored by Commercial Bank of Dubai (UAE-IIT) at Meydan Racecourse Feb. 17.
Tropical Star, a dual group winner at Nad Al Sheba, where the 7-year-old made all 17 of his career starts, was euthanized Feb. 24, one month after winning the Al Shindagha Sprint (UAE-III), the Dubai Racing Club and Emirates Racing Authority announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Rockin Jojo First Winner for Street Magician