The first of two open sessions of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 27 experienced across-the-board declines when compared to last year's record-setting open sale.
Fasig-Tipton's July yearling sale opens the yearling auction season with mixed figures and a $550,000 sale-topper, a Cowboy Cal half brother to Hoppertunity and three-quarters brother to Executiveprivilege.
Alfredo Lichoa of Northwest Stud discusses his purchase of the $550,000 Cowboy Cal colt at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July Sale. watch video
About 60% through the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale July 14 in Lexington, the auction saw a new high price when Alfredo Lichoa went to $550,000 to land a Cowboy Cal colt.
The fastest time for a quarter mile in three days of under tack previews was posted by a bay colt by Harlan's Holiday who breezed in :20 3/5 April 17 for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale at Ocala Training Center.
With a bullish juvenile sale market on the move, Fasig-Tipton enters its annual Florida sale of select 2-year-olds in training March 24 at Adena Springs South near Williston, Fla.
Expectations are understandably high heading into Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s selected sale of 2-year-olds in training March 11 in Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely