Fasig-Tipton doled out the hospitality for buyers and sellers over the weekend as a lead-up to the week's Saratoga selected yearling sale in which recent the recent trend of polarization between the top and bottom is expected to continue.
After taking just three days to surpass total sales recorded last year, the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale registered strong gross, average, and median when this year's auction wrapped up Jan. 11 in Lexington.
Here is what buyers and consignors had to say about their expectations for the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale and the health of the Thoroughbred industry.
Danzon, claimed for $80,000 in her laast prior start, prevailed in a wild photo finish that saw six horses finish within about two lengths of each other in the $116,200 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 3.
Tropical Storm will stand the 2010 breeding season at Alfred H. Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm it was announced Oct. 15.
American Patriot, a 5-year-old son of Mr. Prospector from the female family of major turf sire Silver Hawk, will stand at Alfred Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement program based in Midway, Ky., announced the arrival of Bonnie's Poker and expects the arrival of Ruhlmann in the next few days, according to president Michael Blowen.
The breeding shed and barns at what was Ben P. Walden's Jr.'s Vinery might look awfully familiar to 11-year-old stallions Shuailaan and Furiously.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- 'Champagne' Seeks Del Mar Double in Debutante
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Next Step for Undefeated Three Rules
- Sweet Loretta Aims for Grade I in Spinaway
- Made You Look Finds Way in With Anticipation
- Frosted Faces Eight in Woodward
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record