After taking just three days to surpass total sales recorded last year, the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale registered strong gross, average, and median when this year's auction wrapped up Jan. 11 in Lexington.
Here is what buyers and consignors had to say about their expectations for the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale and the health of the Thoroughbred industry.
Danzon, claimed for $80,000 in her laast prior start, prevailed in a wild photo finish that saw six horses finish within about two lengths of each other in the $116,200 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 3.
Tropical Storm will stand the 2010 breeding season at Alfred H. Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm it was announced Oct. 15.
American Patriot, a 5-year-old son of Mr. Prospector from the female family of major turf sire Silver Hawk, will stand at Alfred Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement program based in Midway, Ky., announced the arrival of Bonnie's Poker and expects the arrival of Ruhlmann in the next few days, according to president Michael Blowen.
The breeding shed and barns at what was Ben P. Walden's Jr.'s Vinery might look awfully familiar to 11-year-old stallions Shuailaan and Furiously.
Most Popular Stories
- Next Year's OBSC March to be Open Format
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Messara New Manager at Arrowfield Stud
- Daddy Does Best
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat