Ray Struder, in racing as owner since 2010, has his first Breeders' Cup starter in Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) hopeful Rosalind. The Broken Vow filly is trained by Ken McPeek.
Hurstland Farm owner and manager Alfred Nuckols will be honored by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club as its 2013 "Farm Manager of the Year" when it holds its annual dinner dance Sept. 27.
Grade I winner and international stallion Geri has been permanently pensioned to Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement center near Georgetown, Ky.
A yearling Street Sense filly who is a half sister to two group/grade I winners fetched a standout price of $1,450,000 from Nat Rea of Regis Farm during the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Stakes winner and graded stakes-placed Kiss With a Twist has been retired to Alfred Nuckols' Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Charles Nuckols Jr., an icon of the Thoroughbred industry, died Sept. 2 at his home near Midway, Ky. Nuckols, 83, had been fighting a variety of ailments the past several years, and died of complications from congestive heart failure.
American Patriot, a 5-year-old son of Mr. Prospector from the female family of major turf sire Silver Hawk, will stand at Alfred Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Xpressbet to Sponsor West Virginia Derby
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20