Glenye Cain Oakford looks at a solid Saratoga select yearling market, an expensive pinhook prospect, and Doc's Leader's legacy in the Hurstland Farm consignment.
Critics Acclaim, the dam of grade I winner Rosalind, died May 24 after delivering a full brother at Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky. She was 20.
Ray Struder, in racing as owner since 2010, has his first Breeders' Cup starter in Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) hopeful Rosalind. The Broken Vow filly is trained by Ken McPeek.
Hurstland Farm owner and manager Alfred Nuckols will be honored by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club as its 2013 "Farm Manager of the Year" when it holds its annual dinner dance Sept. 27.
Grade I winner and international stallion Geri has been permanently pensioned to Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement center near Georgetown, Ky.
A yearling Street Sense filly who is a half sister to two group/grade I winners fetched a standout price of $1,450,000 from Nat Rea of Regis Farm during the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Stakes winner and graded stakes-placed Kiss With a Twist has been retired to Alfred Nuckols' Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Charles Nuckols Jr., an icon of the Thoroughbred industry, died Sept. 2 at his home near Midway, Ky. Nuckols, 83, had been fighting a variety of ailments the past several years, and died of complications from congestive heart failure.
American Patriot, a 5-year-old son of Mr. Prospector from the female family of major turf sire Silver Hawk, will stand at Alfred Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up