Ray Struder, in racing as owner since 2010, has his first Breeders' Cup starter in Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) hopeful Rosalind. The Broken Vow filly is trained by Ken McPeek.
Hurstland Farm owner and manager Alfred Nuckols will be honored by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club as its 2013 "Farm Manager of the Year" when it holds its annual dinner dance Sept. 27.
Grade I winner and international stallion Geri has been permanently pensioned to Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement center near Georgetown, Ky.
A yearling Street Sense filly who is a half sister to two group/grade I winners fetched a standout price of $1,450,000 from Nat Rea of Regis Farm during the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Stakes winner and graded stakes-placed Kiss With a Twist has been retired to Alfred Nuckols' Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Charles Nuckols Jr., an icon of the Thoroughbred industry, died Sept. 2 at his home near Midway, Ky. Nuckols, 83, had been fighting a variety of ailments the past several years, and died of complications from congestive heart failure.
American Patriot, a 5-year-old son of Mr. Prospector from the female family of major turf sire Silver Hawk, will stand at Alfred Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Puca Works Four Furlongs in Oaks Prep
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund in the House
- Positive Forecast for Kentucky Derby, Oaks
- Jones Fillies Drill for Kentucky Oaks
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 26, 2015