Grade I winner and New York-based stallion Dublin gained his first winner July 12, when 2-year-old colt Dr Blarney scored by 3 1/2 lengths in his debut in the first race at Monmouth Park.
Eternal Orage, a multiple stakes winner on the New England circuit, died July 15 at Old Friends retirement center of an apparent heart attack.
Our Emblem and Disco Rico will stand the 2002 breeding season at E. Allen and Audrey Murray Jr.'s Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md. Ten-year-old Our Emblem, who has arrived at the farm, formerly stood at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky. He will stand for a syndicate managed by the Murrays. Disco Rico, who will enter stud, will arrive next week. The fee for each is $4,000 live foal.
Graded stakes winner Disco Rico has been retired from racing after fracturing his left front leg during his victory in the Oct. 27 Lite the Fuse Stakes at Laurel.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam