Grade I winner and New York-based stallion Dublin gained his first winner July 12, when 2-year-old colt Dr Blarney scored by 3 1/2 lengths in his debut in the first race at Monmouth Park.
Eternal Orage, a multiple stakes winner on the New England circuit, died July 15 at Old Friends retirement center of an apparent heart attack.
Our Emblem and Disco Rico will stand the 2002 breeding season at E. Allen and Audrey Murray Jr.'s Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md. Ten-year-old Our Emblem, who has arrived at the farm, formerly stood at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky. He will stand for a syndicate managed by the Murrays. Disco Rico, who will enter stud, will arrive next week. The fee for each is $4,000 live foal.
Graded stakes winner Disco Rico has been retired from racing after fracturing his left front leg during his victory in the Oct. 27 Lite the Fuse Stakes at Laurel.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Stahlbaum Wins Avelino Gomez Award
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York