Grade I winner and New York-based stallion Dublin gained his first winner July 12, when 2-year-old colt Dr Blarney scored by 3 1/2 lengths in his debut in the first race at Monmouth Park.
Eternal Orage, a multiple stakes winner on the New England circuit, died July 15 at Old Friends retirement center of an apparent heart attack.
Our Emblem and Disco Rico will stand the 2002 breeding season at E. Allen and Audrey Murray Jr.'s Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md. Ten-year-old Our Emblem, who has arrived at the farm, formerly stood at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky. He will stand for a syndicate managed by the Murrays. Disco Rico, who will enter stud, will arrive next week. The fee for each is $4,000 live foal.
Graded stakes winner Disco Rico has been retired from racing after fracturing his left front leg during his victory in the Oct. 27 Lite the Fuse Stakes at Laurel.
Most Popular Stories
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win