The consistent Dancer's Bajan, in the money in 11 of his 14 starts on Woodbine's Polytrack racing surface, seeks his sixth career win in the $150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) on his favorite track May 19.
Eugene Melnyk's homebred Marchfield rallied from last at the quarter pole to win Sunday's $500,000 Breeders' Stakes, the third jewel of Canada's Triple Crown contested on the turf at Woodbine.
Queen's Plate winner Mike Fox and Prince of Wales victor Alezzandro square off as part of a contentious field of 10 Canadian-bred 3-year-olds in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine Sunday.
Left alone on the lead, lightly raced Alezzandro got brave in the stretch run of Sunday's CAN$500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes under Todd Kabel and went gate to wire for a 1 3/4-length win at Fort Erie.
Emma-Jayne Wilson became the first female jockey to win the Queen's Plate in 148 editions when she guided 15-1 shot Mike Fox to a late-running half-length victory in the first leg of the Canadian Triple Crown at Woodbine Sunday.
Jiggs Coz and Marchfield, who finished first and second, respectively, in the June 3 Plate Trial, will meet for an exciting rematch in the June 24 Queen's Plate at Woodbine.
It's been 15 years since a winner of the Plate Trial Stakes went on to capture the Queen's Plate, but Jiggs Coz could be the one to buck that trend after he coasted to victory in the CAN$151,200 event for 3-year-olds Sunday at Woodbine.
Leading Queen's Plate contender Jiggs Coz vies for his third straight stakes win in Sunday's $150,000 Plate Trial for 3-year-olds at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud