Juddmonte Farms' Costume took advantage from the inside when Alexandra Rose blew the far turn and lasted for the victory in the $150,000 Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park Feb. 18.
After running strongly against the likes of Citronnade, Nashoba's Key, and Precious Kitten in her most recent starts, the New Zealand-bred mare Black Mamba should be ready to strike in the $150,000 Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf course Feb. 18.
Team Valor International's Alexandra Rose, under a patient ride by Rafael Bejarano, swept past foes in the stretch to win the Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 6 1/2 furlongs on the turf at Santa Anita Park Jan. 1.
With only one race on her resume since she won the 2006 Monrovia Handicap (gr. III), Society Hostess figures have a tougher time of it when she seeks a repeat victory in the $100,000 hillside turf course event at Santa Anita Park Jan. 1.
With expected favorite Wait a While out of Friday night's $1 million CashCall Mile Invitational (gr. IIT) due to a slight fever, a field of nine fillies and mares is left, including grade I winners Dancing Edie and Price Tag.
Barry Irwin has purchased Jeff Siegel's interest in Team Valor and will operate the stable as its sole owner, the Versailles-based company announced July 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale