House In Wood (Fr), dam of the grade I Garden City Stakes winner Alexander Tango (Ire), topped yesterday's one-day Tattersalls February Sale in Newmarket.
Alexander Tango, winner of the Garden City Stakes (gr. IT) at Belmont Park in September, died in a freak accident at the O'Callaghan family's Woods Edge Farm near Lexington.
Alexander Tango, winner of the Garden City Stakes (gr. IT) at Belmont Park in September, died in a freak accident Oct. 30.
A few horses making their final Breeders' Cup preps this weekend have landed in rather soft fields. That cannot be said for the nine fillies and mares entered in the $600,000 Flower Bowl Invitational (gr. IT) at Belmont Park Sept. 29, as an all-star cast has been assembled for the 10-furlong test on the turf.
A Spanish owner and a British trainer are overheard conversing in French following a grade I victory on turf. Welcome to the Belmont Park fall meeting. It is here that the best American grass horses and their trainers and owners get their annual reality check from Europe's advance guard.
Making her first start in America, Noel O'Callaghan's Alexander Tango rated far off the pace and then came charging down the middle of the Belmont Park turf stretch to capture the $250,000 Garden City Stakes (gr. IT) by three-quarters of a length Sept. 8.
Vodafone Derby (Eng-I) runner-up Eagle Mountain scored his first victory of the season when he captured the UAE Racing and Equestrian Federation Royal Whip Stakes (Ire-II) at The Curragh on August 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees