Summer Hit will try to win the $100,000 All American Stakes (gr. III) for the third consecutive year May 25 at Golden Gate Fields.
Alex Paszkeicz's Pepper Crown and John Carver & Jerry Hollendorfer's Summer Hit will renew their rivalry in another one of Golden Gate Fields' premier stakes April 25, the $100,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT).
Swung six wide into the stretch, lightly regarded Pepper Crown uncoiled a torrid outside rally and won the $100,315 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) going away as the longest shot in the field Nov. 30 at Golden Gate Fields.
Alex Paszkeicz scored a triple when Pepper Crown, the longest shot on the board at 46-1, rallied along the rail to win the $100,315 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) on yielding turf at Golden Gate Fields April 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules