Juddmonte Farm purchases a $600,000 Trappe Shot colt, a three-quarters brother to Tapizar, at Keeneland September's Book 2 opener, which posted mixed results Sept. 13.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale concluded its three-day run Aug. 28 with a second day of open session declines.
Alex and JoAnn Lieblong's The Big Beast jumped up from allowance company to grade I competition and did not disappoint his connections Aug. 23, winning the King's Bishop (gr. I) by a neck.
Junebugred made his 2012 debut a winning one, but it was close. The chestnut son of Corinthian defeated 17-1 longshot Reckless Jerry by a neck in the $100,000 Smarty Jones Stakes for 3-year-olds at Oaklawn Park Jan. 16.
In 2009, things didn't look good for Telling from the start of the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park, where he finished a distant seventh, beaten 10 1/4 lengths by the winner Conduit.
Pleasantly Perfect colt brings $260,000 while the gross and average fall 15.6% and 10.5%, respectively.
Frequent traveler Duke of Mischief outfought Kiss the Kid and favored Mambo Meister to win the off-the-turf Ft. Lauderdale Stakes by a neck at Gulfstream Park Jan. 10.
Local hope Lord Robyn won his third straight race since switching to the turf at Calder Race Course, romping to a front-running victory in the $100,000 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT) for just-turned 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby