Jockey Alex Cintron was injured Nov. 14 in a spill involving three horses and riders during the running of the sixth race at Laurel Park.
Zanim R. Meahjohn's 13-1 chance Rusty Slipper seized the lead nearing the sixteenth pole and comfortably earned her first graded stakes win in the $109,000 Violet Stakes (gr. IIIT) Aug. 23 at Monmouth Park.
Gracer looked the part of a 1-5 shot Feb. 8 at Aqueduct Racetrack, cruising on the front end to a 10 1/4-length score in the $98,000 Dearly Precious Stakes for 3-year-old filly sprinters.
Bryan's Jewel had won multiple stakes in 22 starts, but couldn't quite step up to the next level. On June 15 she dug in to get the job done, winning the $100,000 Obeah Stakes (gr. III) at Delaware Park.
Tate's Landing, impressive 3 1/4-length winner of the $100,000 Laurel Futurity Oct. 27, will face a bigger test in a deeper field for the $100,000 Dania Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park Dec. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- NEHBPA Files Application to Operate Suffolk
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Lope de Vega Colt Leads Tattersalls Trading
- Haskin: Zayats Tested Like Few Owners Before
- Live Racing Blows In at Mahoning Valley
- Catching Up with Go for Gin
- Catching Up with Hansel
- 32 Horses Die in Chicago-Area Stable Fire