Rose to Gold picked up the fourth graded stakes win of her career after running down favored Unusual Way to win the second renewal of the $400,000 Houston Ladies Classic on the night of Jan. 25 at Sam Houston Race Park.
Kathleen Amaya and Raffaele Centofanti's three-time graded stakes-winning filly Rose to Gold is recovering from surgery for bone chips and will not resume racing until this September at the earliest.
Rose to Gold may bear the distinction of having the most modest sale price of any of filly in the starting gate for the May 3 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), but you would never know it by looking at her race record.
Most Popular Stories
- Yes It's True Euthanized
- Pender Harbour: Farewell to 'The King'
- Tonalist, Red Vine Please in Cigar Mile Drill
- Kentucky Oaks Winner Keeper Hill Dead at 20
- Effinex Looks for His Highlight Win in Clark
- Dortmund Out of Clark Handicap
- Churchill Unveils Derby Sire Future Wager
- Commissioner to WinStar Farm for 2016
- Wyoming Downs Reopens Historic Racing Games
- Saham Returns for Commonwealth Turf Bid