The Ontario government-commissioned Horse Racing Transition Panel has released an initial draft of a long-term plan for the province's horse racing industry for consultation.
A two-year agreement buys time for Ontario racing. Download Now
In response to the cancellation of the slots-at-racetracks program, the Ontario Horse Racing Industry Association has developed a plan for "a viable and sustainable horse racing and breeding industry."
The Ontario government announced June 7 it will provide up to $50 million in transitional funding to the province's horse racing industry over the next three years.
The Fort Erie Live Racing Consortium announced after its general meeting June 5 that Fort Erie Racetrack will hold its last live race this year.
Breeders' Cup Limited has mailed ballots to current Breeders' Cup foal and stallion nominators for the election of 13 individuals to its Board of Trustees and Members.
Prominent broodmare Turk O Witz, whose four stakes winners included grade I winners Queens Court Queen and Mr Purple, was euthanized June 14.
Breeders' Cup Ltd. elected 13 members to its board of directors through the proportional shareholder voting system by Breeders' Cup foal and stallion nominators.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark