Alec Wildenstein, co-owner of a prominent racing stable with his brother, Guy, died Feb. 18 in Paris after a long illness.
The French-bred female All Along, champion and Horse of the Year on two continents, died Feb. 23 at the age of 26, Three Chimneys president Dan Rosenberg announced Friday.
Westerner pushed clear more than a furlong from home and cruised to a three-length victory under jockey Olivier Peslier for his second straight marathon Prix de Cadran (Fr-I) win at Longchamp Sunday.
Valixir's win in the Prix Niel (Fr-II) for 3-year-olds did little to clear up the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) picture next month as French favorite Bago finished third.
Sarafan, America's only hope to break a 10-year drought in the Japan Cup (Jpn-I), drew the number eight post position in a field of 16 international runners set to go postward Sunday in the world's richest turf race, moved to Nakayama racecourse and dropped from 12 to 11 furlongs in distance because of construction of a new grandstand at Tokyo racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5