Alec Wildenstein, co-owner of a prominent racing stable with his brother, Guy, died Feb. 18 in Paris after a long illness.
The French-bred female All Along, champion and Horse of the Year on two continents, died Feb. 23 at the age of 26, Three Chimneys president Dan Rosenberg announced Friday.
Westerner pushed clear more than a furlong from home and cruised to a three-length victory under jockey Olivier Peslier for his second straight marathon Prix de Cadran (Fr-I) win at Longchamp Sunday.
Valixir's win in the Prix Niel (Fr-II) for 3-year-olds did little to clear up the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) picture next month as French favorite Bago finished third.
Sarafan, America's only hope to break a 10-year drought in the Japan Cup (Jpn-I), drew the number eight post position in a field of 16 international runners set to go postward Sunday in the world's richest turf race, moved to Nakayama racecourse and dropped from 12 to 11 furlongs in distance because of construction of a new grandstand at Tokyo racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- The Devil You Say