Charges were dropped against a Nebraska veterinarian accused of injected horses with vodka after three witnesses in the case couldn't be located to testify.
A Nebraska veterinarian has been accused of injecting racehorses with vodka. It is believed to be the first prosecution for administering alcohol to racehorses in the United States.
- By Tom LaMarra
Based on field reports that racehorses are receiving vodka intravenously in an attempt to calm them down before races, the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium has authorized laboratories to develop a test for alcohol.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont