Larry Byer, owner of Byerpatch Farm near Lebanon, Ohio, died Jan. 19.
John Sadler and Joel Rosario completed a sweep of the three graded stakes on the opening day program at Santa Anita Dec. 26 when Twirling Candy nosed Smiling Tiger in a thrilling finish to the $250,000 Malibu Stakes (gr. I).
Despite being pounded by rain for a fourth consecutive day, Santa Anita's new natural dirt main track opened for training with sunshine and partly cloudy skies on the morning of Dec. 23.
Santa Anita Park unveils its new natural dirt track Dec. 26 with a quality nine-race card that includes the $250,000 Malibu Stakes (gr. I), which drew a well-balanced field of 11 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop