Grade I winner Pretty City Dancer, a leading contender for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), will miss her planned start in the Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 7 at Keeneland because of a minor ankle injury, trainer Mark Casse said.
After rallying from seventh to win her stakes debut in the Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) Sept. 12 at Churchill Downs, Dothraki Queen will try for a victory at the highest level Friday, Oct. 2 in the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades.
Qatar Racing's Peace and War notched her U.S. debut at Keeneland in impressive fashion Oct. 3, taking the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) with a determined closing run.
Fashion Alert heads a field of 13 2-year-old fillies set for the $400,000 race Oct. 3, opening day of the fall meet, which marks the first season of a new dirt surface.
Wickedly Perfect, who earned an automatic berth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) with her victory in the Oct. 8 Alcibiades Stakes at Keeneland, will have to skip the race due to a bone chip in her stifle.
Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation hoping sponsorship helps attract mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon