Brewer Racing Stable and Murray Smith, who together this year have campaigned grade I stakes-winning 2-year-old filly Wild Fit, will offer her as a racing prospect Nov. 6 at the Fasig-Tipton mixed sale in Lexington.
Favored Adieu showed her credentials as one of the leaders in the juvenile filly division with a game two-length victory in the Frizette (gr. I) over a sloppy Belmont Park track Saturday.
Diamond Omi held off a heavily favored Wild Fit in a stretch duel to win the $200,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds by three quarters of a length Saturday at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting.
Bob and Beverly Lewis' homebred Folklore became the early favorite for the Alberto VO5 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) when she routed the field by 14 lengths in Saturday's $300,000 Matron (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Albert-Culver Co., which first sponsored a Breeders' Cup race in 1989, has signed on as title sponsor of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) and the Juvenile Fillies Division, effective this year. Breeders' Cup, for the first time, now has title sponsors for all eight World Thoroughbred Championships races.
Most Popular Stories
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend