Fortune Writers, who arrived Monday from New York for the $600,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) Sunday, worked four furlongs on the turf course Wednesday in :49 2/5 under Craig Marshall, assistant to trainer Jim Toner.
Kicken Kris, one of the leading 3-year-olds in the nation on turf, will be flown to California next week for the $600,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) on Nov. 30, trainer Michael Matz confirmed Thursday from his base at Fair Hill, Md.
Alberto Giacometti, a group I winner in Europe, worked on the Hollywood Park turf course for the first time Friday in preparation for his U.S. debut in the $600,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) on Nov. 30.
Irish bred Vespone made all the running and comfortably held off the late charge of Magistretti to win the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) for 3-year-olds at Longchamp Sunday.
Michael Tabor's longshot Balestrini set the pace and held on to win the Group 3 PW McGrath Memorial Ballsax Stakes by a half-length Sunday at Leopardstown.
Despite being decimated by a coughing epidemic this summer, affecting all but three horses, Aidan O'Brien's Ballydoyle stable still closed out the year with an amazing 19 group I victories. The latest was Alberto Giacometti's victory in Saturday's Criterium de Saint-Cloud.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees