Fortune Writers, who arrived Monday from New York for the $600,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) Sunday, worked four furlongs on the turf course Wednesday in :49 2/5 under Craig Marshall, assistant to trainer Jim Toner.
Kicken Kris, one of the leading 3-year-olds in the nation on turf, will be flown to California next week for the $600,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) on Nov. 30, trainer Michael Matz confirmed Thursday from his base at Fair Hill, Md.
Alberto Giacometti, a group I winner in Europe, worked on the Hollywood Park turf course for the first time Friday in preparation for his U.S. debut in the $600,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) on Nov. 30.
Irish bred Vespone made all the running and comfortably held off the late charge of Magistretti to win the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) for 3-year-olds at Longchamp Sunday.
Michael Tabor's longshot Balestrini set the pace and held on to win the Group 3 PW McGrath Memorial Ballsax Stakes by a half-length Sunday at Leopardstown.
Despite being decimated by a coughing epidemic this summer, affecting all but three horses, Aidan O'Brien's Ballydoyle stable still closed out the year with an amazing 19 group I victories. The latest was Alberto Giacometti's victory in Saturday's Criterium de Saint-Cloud.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Winners Post Works at Saratoga
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap