The Family Foundation of Leonard and Bernice Lavin, owners of Glen Hill Farm in Ocala, Fla., have donated $1 million to the American Red Cross to aid New Orleans evacuees from Hurricane Katrina, and $1 million to help rebuild Tulane University and the Tulane Medical Center, which suffered significant storm damage.
Albert-Culver Co., which first sponsored a Breeders' Cup race in 1989, has signed on as title sponsor of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) and the Juvenile Fillies Division, effective this year. Breeders' Cup, for the first time, now has title sponsors for all eight World Thoroughbred Championships races.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- All things being equal, it's better to support a company that is putting money into racing.
Alberto-Culver has agreed to continue as the presenting sponsor of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. I), the same role it filled on the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships program the past two years.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer