The Family Foundation of Leonard and Bernice Lavin, owners of Glen Hill Farm in Ocala, Fla., have donated $1 million to the American Red Cross to aid New Orleans evacuees from Hurricane Katrina, and $1 million to help rebuild Tulane University and the Tulane Medical Center, which suffered significant storm damage.
Albert-Culver Co., which first sponsored a Breeders' Cup race in 1989, has signed on as title sponsor of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) and the Juvenile Fillies Division, effective this year. Breeders' Cup, for the first time, now has title sponsors for all eight World Thoroughbred Championships races.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- All things being equal, it's better to support a company that is putting money into racing.
Alberto-Culver has agreed to continue as the presenting sponsor of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. I), the same role it filled on the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships program the past two years.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program