The Family Foundation of Leonard and Bernice Lavin, owners of Glen Hill Farm in Ocala, Fla., have donated $1 million to the American Red Cross to aid New Orleans evacuees from Hurricane Katrina, and $1 million to help rebuild Tulane University and the Tulane Medical Center, which suffered significant storm damage.
Albert-Culver Co., which first sponsored a Breeders' Cup race in 1989, has signed on as title sponsor of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) and the Juvenile Fillies Division, effective this year. Breeders' Cup, for the first time, now has title sponsors for all eight World Thoroughbred Championships races.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- All things being equal, it's better to support a company that is putting money into racing.
Alberto-Culver has agreed to continue as the presenting sponsor of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. I), the same role it filled on the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships program the past two years.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale
- Live Chat - Friday, September 26 at NOON EST
- Ruidoso Unveils Integrity and Safety Program
- Ramseys, Brown, Castellano Top Penn Standings
- Lemon Drop Kid and Bill Farish
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- Slideshow: Kelso: 5 Time HOY 50th Anniversary
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey