The California Horse Racing Board and horse owner Jerry Jamgotchian have settled a lawsuit over a race in 2005 at Del Mar in which Jamgotchian alleged a steward forced him to run a horse against his will.
A California appeals court has ruled that a racing steward does not have the right to take preemptive action against an owner who wants to scratch his horse even if the owner's request violates rules governing late withdrawals.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday
- Keeneland September Day 12 Sees Declines
- Another Walk in the Parx for Favorite Tale