The California Horse Racing Board and horse owner Jerry Jamgotchian have settled a lawsuit over a race in 2005 at Del Mar in which Jamgotchian alleged a steward forced him to run a horse against his will.
A California appeals court has ruled that a racing steward does not have the right to take preemptive action against an owner who wants to scratch his horse even if the owner's request violates rules governing late withdrawals.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- KEEP Changes Include Staff, Expenditures
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board