The California Horse Racing Board and horse owner Jerry Jamgotchian have settled a lawsuit over a race in 2005 at Del Mar in which Jamgotchian alleged a steward forced him to run a horse against his will.
A California appeals court has ruled that a racing steward does not have the right to take preemptive action against an owner who wants to scratch his horse even if the owner's request violates rules governing late withdrawals.
Most Popular Stories
- Kettle Corn Retired, Will Stand in Ohio
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Brisnet.com Ultimate Guide to Aqueduct Inner
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics