The California Horse Racing Board and horse owner Jerry Jamgotchian have settled a lawsuit over a race in 2005 at Del Mar in which Jamgotchian alleged a steward forced him to run a horse against his will.
A California appeals court has ruled that a racing steward does not have the right to take preemptive action against an owner who wants to scratch his horse even if the owner's request violates rules governing late withdrawals.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Will Wise Dan Triumph in the Bernard Baruch?
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Indiana Proposes Emergency Cobalt Threshold
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: Woodward Stakes