The California Horse Racing Board and horse owner Jerry Jamgotchian have settled a lawsuit over a race in 2005 at Del Mar in which Jamgotchian alleged a steward forced him to run a horse against his will.
A California appeals court has ruled that a racing steward does not have the right to take preemptive action against an owner who wants to scratch his horse even if the owner's request violates rules governing late withdrawals.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Silvano Offspring Dominate in Durban July
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Irish Jasper Draws Away in Victory Ride
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- Front-Running Golden Horn Rolls in Eclipse