With the winner's share of $750,000 Boyd's Gaming Delta Jackpot Stakes (gr. III) a lofty $450,000, the 2-year-old who earns the prize is virtually guaranteed a berth in the 2009 Kentucky Derby (gr. I). It is no wonder then that the Dec. 5 main track event drew a deep and talented field of classic hopefuls.
The transfer of Louisiana Downs' horse-racing license to Harrah's Bossier City Investment Co. is nearly complete after the Louisiana Racing Commission approved the move Thursday.
Lone Star Sky heads a small field of five runners in the 100th renewal of this famous stakes for 2-year-olds Wednesday, but his trainer, Thomas Amoss, may not make the trip from Louisville.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Wildcat Red Stretches Speed Toward Classics
- Instant Racing Measure Advances in Nebraska
- KEEP Opposes Open-Ended Gambling Measure
- CHRB Begins Cobalt Testing
- Indiana Downs Has New Name as Part of Rebrand
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan