With the winner's share of $750,000 Boyd's Gaming Delta Jackpot Stakes (gr. III) a lofty $450,000, the 2-year-old who earns the prize is virtually guaranteed a berth in the 2009 Kentucky Derby (gr. I). It is no wonder then that the Dec. 5 main track event drew a deep and talented field of classic hopefuls.
The transfer of Louisiana Downs' horse-racing license to Harrah's Bossier City Investment Co. is nearly complete after the Louisiana Racing Commission approved the move Thursday.
Lone Star Sky heads a small field of five runners in the 100th renewal of this famous stakes for 2-year-olds Wednesday, but his trainer, Thomas Amoss, may not make the trip from Louisville.
Most Popular Stories
- Effinex Lands Grade I in Clark Handicap
- Former Claimer Almasty Wins Commonwealth Turf
- Dortmund Stays Home for Native Diver
- Taris Rolls Clear in Go for Wand
- Big Cazanova Visits Golden Gate for Berkeley
- Dubawi Fillies Best Sellers at Tattersalls
- Dressed in Hermes, 'Dan' Head Cecil DeMille
- Fillies Seek First Graded Score in Durante
- Mongolian Saturday Drills for HK Sprint
- Pender Harbour Looks to Close Meet on High