A relationship that began nine years ago will culminate in a wedding revolving around two passions the betrothed couple share: horse racing and Saratoga Race Course.
Poor Little Sister, a weanling filly being sold to benefit the Little Sisters of the Poor religious order in Albany, New York, brought a final bid of $8,000 from Mike McMahon of McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds at Sunday's New York Breeders' Sales Company's auction at Saratoga Racecourse.
Belmont Stakes stories selected from newspapers and Web sites.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Emerald Purses to Rise 20% for 2015 Season
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew