A relationship that began nine years ago will culminate in a wedding revolving around two passions the betrothed couple share: horse racing and Saratoga Race Course.
Poor Little Sister, a weanling filly being sold to benefit the Little Sisters of the Poor religious order in Albany, New York, brought a final bid of $8,000 from Mike McMahon of McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds at Sunday's New York Breeders' Sales Company's auction at Saratoga Racecourse.
Belmont Stakes stories selected from newspapers and Web sites.
Most Popular Stories
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Limitations and Advances in Lameness Assessment
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win