A relationship that began nine years ago will culminate in a wedding revolving around two passions the betrothed couple share: horse racing and Saratoga Race Course.
Poor Little Sister, a weanling filly being sold to benefit the Little Sisters of the Poor religious order in Albany, New York, brought a final bid of $8,000 from Mike McMahon of McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds at Sunday's New York Breeders' Sales Company's auction at Saratoga Racecourse.
Belmont Stakes stories selected from newspapers and Web sites.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher