A relationship that began nine years ago will culminate in a wedding revolving around two passions the betrothed couple share: horse racing and Saratoga Race Course.
Poor Little Sister, a weanling filly being sold to benefit the Little Sisters of the Poor religious order in Albany, New York, brought a final bid of $8,000 from Mike McMahon of McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds at Sunday's New York Breeders' Sales Company's auction at Saratoga Racecourse.
Belmont Stakes stories selected from newspapers and Web sites.
Most Popular Stories
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Wonder Gal Seeks Frizette Rebound
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Classy Yanks vs. Euro Invaders in Hill Prince
- New England Horsemen Submit Dates Application
- Sea The Stars Filly Tops Day 2 of Orby Sale
- Atreides Gets Distance Test in Indiana Derby
- Hashtag Bourbon Tough in Breeders' Futurity
- Better Lucky Seeks to Repeat in First Lady