Jockey Rosario Montanez was resting at Albany Medical Center July 20 after reportedly undergoing eye surgery at 3 a.m., according to the New York Racing Association publicity office.
Former jockey Parker Buckley, an exercise rider for trainer Steve Asmussen, died Aug. 19 at Albany Medical Center in Albany, N.Y., following an Aug. 18 accident on the Oklahoma training track at Saratoga Race Course.
Jockey Edgar Prado, sidelined with a broken right ankle incurred in a Sept. 1 racing accident at Saratoga, began physical therapy Sept. 28 and may get back on horses within two weeks if all goes well, said his agent, Bob Frieze.
Jockey Rafael Bejarano was hospitalized Sept. 3 with possible rib and back injuries following an incident in the fourth race at Saratoga, when his mount - the Mark Hennig-trained Marital Asset - broke through the gate at the New York track.
Jockey Edgar Prado will miss at least six weeks of riding after breaking his right ankle at Saratoga Race Course, Prado's agent said Sept. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- Go Blue Or Go Home Claims Highlander Again
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes
- Strut the Course Edges Favorite at Woodbine
- Front-Runner Dogwood Trail Blossoms in Azalea