Jockey Rosario Montanez was resting at Albany Medical Center July 20 after reportedly undergoing eye surgery at 3 a.m., according to the New York Racing Association publicity office.
Former jockey Parker Buckley, an exercise rider for trainer Steve Asmussen, died Aug. 19 at Albany Medical Center in Albany, N.Y., following an Aug. 18 accident on the Oklahoma training track at Saratoga Race Course.
Jockey Edgar Prado, sidelined with a broken right ankle incurred in a Sept. 1 racing accident at Saratoga, began physical therapy Sept. 28 and may get back on horses within two weeks if all goes well, said his agent, Bob Frieze.
Jockey Rafael Bejarano was hospitalized Sept. 3 with possible rib and back injuries following an incident in the fourth race at Saratoga, when his mount - the Mark Hennig-trained Marital Asset - broke through the gate at the New York track.
Jockey Edgar Prado will miss at least six weeks of riding after breaking his right ankle at Saratoga Race Course, Prado's agent said Sept. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- New Mexico Owner/Breeder Danley Dies