Jockey Rosario Montanez was resting at Albany Medical Center July 20 after reportedly undergoing eye surgery at 3 a.m., according to the New York Racing Association publicity office.
Former jockey Parker Buckley, an exercise rider for trainer Steve Asmussen, died Aug. 19 at Albany Medical Center in Albany, N.Y., following an Aug. 18 accident on the Oklahoma training track at Saratoga Race Course.
Jockey Edgar Prado, sidelined with a broken right ankle incurred in a Sept. 1 racing accident at Saratoga, began physical therapy Sept. 28 and may get back on horses within two weeks if all goes well, said his agent, Bob Frieze.
Jockey Rafael Bejarano was hospitalized Sept. 3 with possible rib and back injuries following an incident in the fourth race at Saratoga, when his mount - the Mark Hennig-trained Marital Asset - broke through the gate at the New York track.
Jockey Edgar Prado will miss at least six weeks of riding after breaking his right ankle at Saratoga Race Course, Prado's agent said Sept. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- OBS June Supplemental Catalog Online
- Evangeline Reschedules Three Stakes to June 6
- Belmont Undercard: Honor Code, Bayern Prepare