Ferocious Won is eligible for a $250,000 bonus for the first-ever OTB Big Apple Triple Sweep after taking the $177,600 New York Derby for New York-bred 3-year-olds at Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack on Saturday.
The regional off-track betting corporations in New York will sponsor the 2004 Big Apple Triple, which offers a $250,000 bonus for a horse that sweeps the three stakes.
Private Emblem avenged his New York Derby loss to Trial Prep with a win over that colt and No Parole in Wednesday's Albany Stakes at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Ziconic Set for Debut at Santa Anita
- Tepin Flawless in Endeavour
- Reload Fires in 2016 Debut, Wins Tampa Bay
- Bolo Upsets Obviously in Arcadia Stakes
- Dancing House Breaks Through in Fritchie
- Destin Posts First Stakes Win in Sam F. Davis
- Awesome Banner, Cherry Wine Work for Fountain
- Penwith Lands Graded Score in Royal Delta
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Nearing First Works
- East Vs. West in Second Derby Future Wager