A tentative deal to return the New York Racing Association to private hands ran aground April 5 when a broader package of state budget bills that included the NYRA component fell apart at the state Capitol in Albany.
New York-breds square off in six stakes races Aug. 26 at Saratoga Race Course during New York Showcase Day. New York Derby winner Hit It Once More highlights $200,000 Albany Stakes for sophomores.
Churchill Downs is partnering with Saratoga Casino and Raceway on a proposed resort-style casino near Albany.
State legislators failed to pass a plan Nov. 29 to reorganize the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. The Assembly could pass the measure but state senators have left town. NYCOTB is expected to issue pink slips.
More than 1,000 unionized workers at New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. are in still in line for pay hikes and severance deals but won't be paid until a long-term agreement is made.
Fox Ridge Farm's Naughty New Yorker beat Carminooch by a half-length Wednesday in the $150,000 Albany Stakes for 3-year-old New York-breds at Saratoga Race Course.
The latest stakes winner for the New York Racing Association's Barry K. Schwartz and trainer Michael Hushion is Traffic Chief, favored in Wednesday's $150,000 Albany Stakes for New York-bred 3-year-olds at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot