State legislators failed to pass a plan Nov. 29 to reorganize the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. The Assembly could pass the measure but state senators have left town. NYCOTB is expected to issue pink slips.
More than 1,000 unionized workers at New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. are in still in line for pay hikes and severance deals but won't be paid until a long-term agreement is made.
Fox Ridge Farm's Naughty New Yorker beat Carminooch by a half-length Wednesday in the $150,000 Albany Stakes for 3-year-old New York-breds at Saratoga Race Course.
The latest stakes winner for the New York Racing Association's Barry K. Schwartz and trainer Michael Hushion is Traffic Chief, favored in Wednesday's $150,000 Albany Stakes for New York-bred 3-year-olds at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Wagering Up More Than 4% in November
- House Subcommittee to Discuss Internet Gaming
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Second Quarantined Barn at Parx Cleared
- Horizontal Navigation: Breeding Tab
- Thomason Elected to Horse Council Board