The third day of the Tattersalls December Foal Sale Nov. 30 set a record for one-day turnover at a European foal sale as buyers paid 13,181,800 guineas ($22,175,874) for 182 weanlings on Nov. 30 in Newmarket.
The best was kept to last at the Oct. 2 second session of the Goffs Million sale in County Kildare, Ireland, when--close to the end of play--a daughter of Sadler's Wells became the dearest yearling filly ever to sell at auction in Ireland when she brought 2.4 million euros ($3.39 million).
Favored Albanova won her third consecutive German group I, capturing the IVG-Preis von Europa at Cologne Sunday by a half-length over Saldentigerin, but she made hard work of it under strong urging from jockey Seb Sanders.
British invader Albanova won her second group I in Germany in the past two weeks, taking the 1 1/2-mile Rheineland-Pokal der Stadtsparkasse Koln with a final 100-yard burst Sunday at Cologne.
Lightly raced British invader Albanova held off a game challenge from Dayano in the final yards for a neck victory in the West LB Deutschland Preis (Ger-I) at Dusseldorf on Sunday.
Godolphin Racing's Mamool continued his domination in Germany Sunday, winning the Preis Von Europa (Ger-I) at Cologne, his second group I success in three weeks there.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates