Jockey Mike Smith, trainer John Shirreffs, and owners/breeders Jerry and Ann Moss have one trip to the Hollywood Park winner's circle guaranteed. They are hoping for a second with Madeo following the $500,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) Nov. 30.
The market was upbeat at Arqana's autumn sale of horses in training at Saint-Cloud in France Nov. 17. The average price for the one-day auction (down from two in 2007) of 20,688 euros was almost the same as last year's 20,959-euro average. The 93 horses sold grossed 1,924,000 euros, which was down 6.3% from last year's total of 2,054,000 euros for 98 horses.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees