Jockey Mike Smith, trainer John Shirreffs, and owners/breeders Jerry and Ann Moss have one trip to the Hollywood Park winner's circle guaranteed. They are hoping for a second with Madeo following the $500,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) Nov. 30.
The market was upbeat at Arqana's autumn sale of horses in training at Saint-Cloud in France Nov. 17. The average price for the one-day auction (down from two in 2007) of 20,688 euros was almost the same as last year's 20,959-euro average. The 93 horses sold grossed 1,924,000 euros, which was down 6.3% from last year's total of 2,054,000 euros for 98 horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Britain's New Steroid Policy Change Delayed
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Slideshow: Top 10 Races of 2014
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle