Irish jockey Wayne Smith, who has14 wins to his credit during the current racing season in the United Arab Emirates, has been suspended for three race meetings as a result of his winning ride aboard Skoozi in Thursday's Maktoum Challenge (UAE-III) at Nad Al Sheba.
Skoozi, a 6-year-old bred in New Zealand, overtook China Visit in deep stretch to post a nose victory over China Visit in the first round of the Maktoum Challenge (UAE-III) Thursday at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse. Royal Tryst, a U.S.-bred son of Kingmambo, finished third.
Next Knight, who topped last year's Pearls of Dubai sale, was upset by a Kentucky-bred son of Mister Baileys in a mile grass race at Nad al Sheba Racecourse Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid