Irish jockey Wayne Smith, who has14 wins to his credit during the current racing season in the United Arab Emirates, has been suspended for three race meetings as a result of his winning ride aboard Skoozi in Thursday's Maktoum Challenge (UAE-III) at Nad Al Sheba.
Skoozi, a 6-year-old bred in New Zealand, overtook China Visit in deep stretch to post a nose victory over China Visit in the first round of the Maktoum Challenge (UAE-III) Thursday at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse. Royal Tryst, a U.S.-bred son of Kingmambo, finished third.
Next Knight, who topped last year's Pearls of Dubai sale, was upset by a Kentucky-bred son of Mister Baileys in a mile grass race at Nad al Sheba Racecourse Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1